All things Mother Earth Living
Kaitlin Jones, president of Living Whole Foods and mom of three young kids, sent me this recipe the other day and I had to share it! Vegan and chock-full of vitamins, this tasty meal is perfect for a weeknight family dinner. Try it and let us know what you think!
Cashew Alfredo Pasta
• 1 cup raw dry cashews
• 2 1/2 cups water
• 1 1/2 tablespoons onion, divided
• 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
• 4 cloves minced garlic, divided
• 1 tablespoon miso
• 5 mushrooms, sliced
• 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• Your favorite noodles
1. In a blender or food processor, blend cashews until they are finely ground.
2. To the cashews in the blender, add water, 1 tablespoon onion, bell pepper, nutritional yeast and 3 cloves of garlic and blend until smooth, creating the sauce.
3. Pour cashew sauce into a sauté pan over medium heat.
4. In a separate pan, sauté the remaining 1/2 tablespoon onion, 1 minced clove of garlic, miso and sliced mushrooms in coconut oil for about 5 minutes.
5. Mix sauté into sauce, season with salt and pepper, and serve over your favorite noodles! Serves five.