Usually ships within 24 to 48 hours unless otherwise noted in the product description.
A jam-packed and large-scale guide, Survival Wisdom & Know-How offers information on every aspect of outdoor life and adventure.
Survival Wisdom & Know-How provides the most complete, all-in-one volume on every aspect of outdoor adventure and survival ever, from orienteering to campfire cooking to ice climbing and beyond. Culled from dozens of respected books from Stackpole Books, the industry's leader in outdoor adventure, this massive collection of wilderness know-how leaves absolutely nothing to chance when it comes to surviving and thriving in the wilderness-and appreciating every minute of it.
- Building outdoor shelter, winter camping and surviving in the desert
- Tracking animals, hunting and trapping
- Identifying edible plants and berries
- Tying knots, orienteering and reading the weather
- Wild animals and bird watching
- Fishing and ice fishing
- Canoeing, kayaking and white-water rafting
- First aid
- And much more!
Useful illustrations and photos throughout make this guide easy to browse and use. With contributions by the experts at the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) as well as the editors of Stackpole's Discover Nature series, Survival Wisdom & Know-How is the definitive, must-have reference for the great outdoors.