See Larger Image
GROW YOUR OWN DRUGS
Usually ships within 24 to 48 hours unless otherwise noted in the product description.
With easy recipes using ingredients grown in your window box or bought at the local market, ethnobotanist James Wong shows you how easy – and cheap – it is to make simple creams, salves, teas, lozenges and much more. Wong uses his top-class academic knowledge to reveal how many plants contain the same active ingredients as over-the-counter drugs, and offers recipes to relieve a whole range of common conditions, including:
- Digestive disorders: bad breath, heartburn and indigestion, digestion, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, flatulence, diarrhea
- Skin complaints: athlete's foot, eczema, insect bites and stings, acne, sunburn, age spots, fungal conditions, burn scars, poor foot circulation, chapped hands and sores, insect deterrent
- Kids' remedies: vitamin booster, head lice, eczema, ear wax buildup, colic
- Aches and pains: water retention, varicose veins, aching muscles, arthritis
- Female-specific problems: hot flashes and night sweats, morning and travel sickness, PMS, cystitis
- Under the weather: colds and flu, coughs and sore throats, cholesterol reducer, hangover, cold sores, immune system booster, mouth ulcers, restorative
- Mind: memory enhancer, insomnia, migraine prevention, anxiety, memory booster
- Face and body: hair strengthener, body scrub, bath and massage oil, deodorant, face mask, hand care, bath bomb, exfoliator, face toner/hair rinse, sore eyes, tired/red eyes, glycerine soap, plague remover and gum soother, chapped lips
With more than 150 full-color photos, this book outlines all of the tools, oils, waxes, and powders necessary to get started, and also directs you to suppliers for easy shopping. You'll also find a 60-page reference of the top 100 plants you should consider growing in order to make herbal remedies out of your own garden. So unleash the power of plants and soothe the symptoms of everyday ailments the natural way.
Recommended Product for Wiser Living:
Today, more than ever before, our society is seeking ways to live more conscientiously. To help bring you the very best inspiration and information about greener, more sustainable lifestyles, MOTHER EARTH NEWS is recommending books to readers. For 40 years, MOTHER EARTH NEWS has been North America’s “Original Guide to Living Wisely,” creating books and magazines for people with a passion for self-reliance and a desire to live in harmony with nature.