Nothing is more rewarding than saving money by cooking a delicious meal using fresh vegetables from your garden, homemade bread from your oven and homegrown meat from your backyard chickens. The 100-paged MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Fresh Food All Year, 3rd Edition is packed with articles to help you eat better and save money all year long.
Filled with beautiful photographs and expertly written articles, Guide to Fresh Food All Year is a terrific resource to help you and your family save money on groceries all year. Perfect for everyone (from those who want to make homemade breads, yogurts and soups instead of relying on the store-bought variety to those who’ve been relying on their backyards and gardens to feed their families), there are wonderful tips to help make your food supply more bountiful than it’s ever been!
Learn how to enjoy fresh food all year long with the crop-by-crop guide to food storage. Follow the simple instructions for making delicious, homemade sourdough bread. Discover how to make and use homemade vinegar to help enhance the flavor of any food. And read how you can raise chickens for meat in as little as six weeks, from hatch to harvest.
Other articles include:
- Save Money on Groceries: Buying in bulk and freezing or canning fruits and vegetables are great ways to enjoy better food and cut food costs.
- Wonderful Winter Soups: The season for homemade winter soups is right around the corner. With basic kitchen staples, fresh produce and a good stock ready to go, you can put a delicious soup on the table in about half an hour.
- How to Store Fresh Vegetables: Learn the best crops to grow or buy, and the right ways to keep them fresh.
- Expert Advice for Greenhouse Growing: Build a greenhouse in your backyard and you’ll be amazed by its many uses.
- Easy, High-Quality, Low-Cost Homemade Yogurt: After you know how to make yogurt at home, you’ll wonder why you ever wasted money on the sugar-laden, store-bought stuff.