The first stp toward eating well while spending less is planning.
Howard Lee Puckett
Make this salad your own by adding your favorite vegetables and perhaps an ounce or two of fresh-cooked tuna or other cold-water fish. Use navy beans or white kidney beans if cannellini beans are not available.
• 1⁄2 cup lentils, dried
• 1 can cannellini beans
• 1⁄2 cup hearts of palm, sliced OR artichoke halves, coarsely chopped
• 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
• 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper , diced
• 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 1⁄4 cup kalamta or Spanish olives, coarsely chopped
• 1⁄4 cup Savory Vinaigrette
1. Cook lentils according to package directions; drain.
2. Combine lentils and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or overnight. Serve at room temperature.
Pat Crocker cooks bistro-style food with her favorite herbs every week. Her latest book, The Vegan Cook’s Bible (Robert Rose, 2009), is now available.
Click here to view the original article,
Budget Friendly Meals.