Balance your diet deliciously with vibrant herbs. This jazzy herb combination is fantastic on holiday turkey, other poultry and meats.
Photo by Povy Kendal Atchison
This chipotle dry rub is a jazzy herb combination that’s fantastic on holiday turkey, other poultry and meats. It’s also great on tempeh, tofu, stuffing, potatoes, vegetarian sausage patties, eggplant rounds, grilled vegetables and whole grains.
• 1 tablespoon ground sage
• 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
• 1 teaspoon ground chipotle peppers
• 1 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Stir together all ingredients and store in an airtight container up to 6 months.
2. Rub mixture on food before cooking; drizzle with canola oil, if desired.
Letitia L. Star specializes in writing about healthy eating, gardening and green living topics. She is a frequent contributor to The Herb Companion.
Click here for the main article, The Best Foods to Reduce Cholesterol.