• Large salmon fillet, skin-on
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 small lemons
• Handful fresh sage
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large roasting pan. Lay salmon in pan, skin side up.
2. Drizzle with olive oil, then season heavily with salt and pepper. Slice lemons into thin rounds and tear sage leaves off their stems. Scatter lemon rounds and sage leaves over salmon.
3. Roast 20 to 25 minutes, until salmon is opaque throughout, and serve.
Caleb Melchior studies landscape architecture at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas. When not working in the design studio, he writes about food and works in the garden.
Click here for the main article,
Sage Varieties: Growing Tips and Recipes