Facial masks are a great way to deep cleanse your skin so that it will work more efficiently. Plus, clean skin holds more moisture and looks brighter. The milk and espresso contain natural food acids that help rid your skin of surface debris and dead skin cells, while the chocolate or cocoa powder helps condition and soothe your complexion. Use weekly to wake up a dull complexion! MAKES 4 OUNCES, ENOUGH FOR 1 APPLICATION.
• 4 tablespoons finely ground espresso or coffee
• 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 8 tablespoons whole milk
1. Mix together all ingredients until you have a smooth paste.
2. Spread over a clean face and neck, avoiding the eye and mouth area.
3. Let sit for 15 minutes and rinse well with warm water.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home, Natural Beauty for All Seasons and Natural Beauty from the Garden, all published by Henry Holt and Company (New York). For more recipes and ideas, visit her at HerbCompanion.com/Contributors
For more cocoa-based recipes from Body & Soul: Chocolate Spa Treatments, click here.