Pair this rainbow swiss chard dish with a glass of Pinot Gris.
Photo By Joe Lavine
Rainbow Swiss Chard with Toasted Garlic
3 pounds Swiss chard
Salt for boiling water
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, finely shaved
Salt and pepper to season
1. Using a small knife, remove stems from chard and cut into 1-inch strips.
2. In boiling salted water, blanch chard for 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Remove from water and put directly into ice bath.
4. When chard is cool, remove from ice bath and wring out excess water with a towel.
5. Roll into towel and squeeze.
6. Warm oil over medium heat. Add shaved garlic. Stir occasionally until garlic is light golden brown. Remove garlic and set aside.
7. Add chard. Heat chard and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Serve hot and garnish with toasted garlic.
Wine pairing 2008 Dundee Hills Cuvée Pinot Gris
Sokol Blosser Pinot Gris has a crisp minerality with spice and earth aromas and flavors of fig, peach and herbs. Sokol Blosser Pinot Gris pairs deliciously with the slightly sweet flavors of Swiss chard and garlic. $18