Calendula, rose and lavender—ingredients that have been used for beautiful complexions for hundreds of years— provide excellent conditioning for all skin types.
Makes 1 treatment
This mask is a good treatment for all skin types. Lavender is antibacterial, and calendula softens and heals. Use it no more than twice a week.
- 2 tablespoons margarine (don’t substitute butter)
- 6 dried rose petals
- ½ teaspoon dried lavender
- ½ teaspoon dried calendula petals
- Melt the margarine in a heatproof glass bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Allow to stand 10 minutes. Stir again.
- Apply the mask to a clean face and leave it on 5 minutes. Remove with a warm, wet washcloth. Follow with a toner and moisturizer.
Kathlyn Quatrochi has a doctorate in naturopathy. She and her husband own St. Anley Inn, a bed-and-breakfast surrounded by herb gardens in Oak Glen, California. Kathlyn teaches herbal skin care, maintains a skin treatment practice, and makes Beauty Garden Skin Care Products.
Click here for the original article, Saving Face.