Mild white pepper and fresh chive spice up flavorful Roasted Red Potatoes.
Photography By Povy Kendal Atchison
Roasted Red Potatoes
Celery seeds, garlic and white pepper season this classic to perfection.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
1 teaspoon celery seeds
4 to 5 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place butter, 2 tablespoons of oil, salt, pepper and celery seeds in a small saucepan.
3. Warm over low heat until butter is melted, remove from heat, stir and set side.
4. Spread remaining tablespoon of oil to coat inside surface of an 8-by-12-inch glass baking dish. Place potatoes in dish and sprinkle with butter and oil mixture. Toss gently to cover evenly.
5. Roast for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring and turning the potatoes every 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Remove potatoes from oven when you can pierce them easily with a fork. Serve immediately.