• 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 3/4 ounces powdered fruit pectin
• 4 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 cup chopped mint leaves
• Green food coloring (optional)
1. Combine unsweetened apple juice, lemon juice, and powdered fruit pectin in an 8-quart pot. Let stand for 2 minutes, stir to dissolve, and bring to a full boil, stirring often.
2. Stir in sugar and chopped mint leaves. Return to a full boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add food coloring if desired.
3. Remove from the heat, skim the foam, and strain out the mint. Ladle into six hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Cover with sterilized lids and process in boiling water for five minutes. Remove the jars and cool.