Experiment with a variation of seasonings such as cayenne pepper, garlic powder, or Cajun seasoning blend to make a zesty and healthy snack. MAKES 2 CUPS
• 1 cup whole raw pumpkin seeds
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/8 teaspoon desired seasoning, such as cayenne pepper, cumin, or curry
1. Scoop the seeds from the pumpkin and place them on a plate.
2. Remove the strings and pulp, and blot with a paper towel. Do not rinse.
3. Combine the olive oil, salt, garlic salt, desired spice, and pumpkin seeds.
4. Mix thoroughly and spread in a shallow baking dish.
5. Bake for 1 hour at 275 degrees, tossing occasionally with a spatula, until the seeds are golden brown and fragrant.
Click here for the main article, Pumpkins and Spice.