Makes 12 medium truffles
This simple creation of Matanzas Creek chef Sarah Kaswan has a subtle hint of lavender, which combines beautifully with dark chocolate. Serve this with a Merlot.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa
- Bring the heavy cream and lavender to a boil. Boil 1 minute and pour it through a strainer over the chocolate in a bowl. Add the Grand Marnier and stir occasionally until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Chill for 3 hours, or until completely set. With a warm spoon, roll the truffle mixture into cherry-sized balls, then roll them in sifted unsweetened cocoa.
Audrey Scano lives with her husband, two dogs and a cat in Loveland, Colorado.
Click here for the original article, Vintage Herbs.