Ginseng has many anti-aging benefits, from improving heart health to increasing endurance, relieving fatigue and enhancing immunity.
Photo By iStockphoto
This spicy tea is a sweet but healing treat.
Ginseng-Chocolate Chai Recipe
• 1/2 cup dandelion root, roasted
• 1/2 cup cacao nibs
• 2 to 4 small American ginseng roots, broken into small pieces
• 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
• 1 vanilla bean, cut into small pieces
• 3 tablespoons dried ginger root
• 2 tablespoons cardamom pods, whole
• 1 tablespoon cloves
• 1 teaspoon peppercorns, whole
• Honey and milk, to taste
1. Mix all ingredients except milk and honey together in a bowl until well combined.
2. Simmer 1/4 cup of mixture per quart of water in a covered pan for 15 minutes, but do not boil.
3. Strain herbs, then add honey and milk to taste.
Ginseng-Chocolate Chai recipe courtesy Erin McIntosh of Mountain Rose Herbs
For more on the anti-aging health benefits of ginseng, read the original article, Naturally Young: Anti-Aging Foods and Herbs.