Delicious, unique recipes offer the flavor and health benefits of Allium sativum.
Serve this warming stir-fry over brown rice. You can add chicken and/or thinly sliced beef after you add the onion and before adding the garlic, if you like.
- Olive oil, to cover bottom of large skillet
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Several cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon powdered ginger (or ¼ teaspoon freshly grated)
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup small broccoli florets
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg
- Soy sauce, to taste
Click here for the original article, Dancing in the Kitchen with Garlic.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion in hot oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, carrots and broccoli; stir for a minute or so, then add squash and stir.
- Add bell pepper and mushroom last; cook only slightly (I like the pepper still crunchy).
- Beat egg in a separate dish and pour it over ingredients in skillet, stirring quickly. Add soy sauce.