Thyme's antiseptic properties make it a perfect addition to homemade facial cleansers. Pair it with honey for even more beauty benefits.
Photo By Ryan/Fotolia
Greek honey made from thyme flowers is some of the best in the world—it is known for having a mild taste and high nutritional value. Use these nutrient-rich ingredients to make this homemade facial cleanser. Greek honey can be found in the honey section of your grocery store. MAKES 5 OUNCES
• 1/4 cup pure thyme honey or plain honey
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
• 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap
1. Gently stir all ingredients together. Pour cleanser into a clean container.
2. To use: Pour a small amount in the palm of your hand, then massage it gently into your skin. You also can use as a simple shampoo for your hair. Rinse thoroughly with warm water, then pat dry.
Janice Cox is the co-author, with her daughter, Lauren Cox, of EcoBeauty (Ten Speed Press, 2009).
Click here for the main article, Easy Mediterranean Spa Treatments.