The unique combination of flavors in this mulled cider is perfect for fall.
Photo by Nikolay Petkov/fotolia.com
The herb trio in this mulled cider perfectly complements the pomegranate juice. You may use 2 cups of brewed black tea or apple cider—or a combination of both. MAKES 2 TO 4 SERVINGS OF MULLED POMEGRANATE-APPLE CIDER.
• 2 cups pomegranate juice
• 2 cups apple cider OR 2 cups brewed black tea
• 2 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary OR 1 teaspoon dried
• 1 to 2 thyme sprigs OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 to 3 bay leaves
• 1 cinnamon stick OR 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a large nonreactive pot.
2. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or longer, stirring as needed.
3. Strain and serve warm in mugs.
Letitia L. Star is a freelance writer and recipe developer who frequently contributes to The Herb Companion.
Click here for the main article, Warm Up with Winter Drinks.