Fast enough to put together even after dinner guests have arrived: a good dressing on any mixed greens salad. MAKES ABOUT 3/4 CUP
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar or honey
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1/2 cup light olive or vegetable oil
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 sprigs fresh, chopped, stems discarded
• 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley or 2 sprigs fresh, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
1. Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, honey and mustard in a bowl until blended.
2. Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking constantly.
3. Whisk in oregano, parsley, and garlic.
Jim Long is the author of The Best Dressed Salad (Long Creek Herbs, 2006). Contact Jim via our website, www.herbcompanion.com/contributors.
Click here for the original article, Dress for Success: Salad Dressing Recipes.