Chamomile oil, calendula oil and rose geranium oil sweetly scent this luxurious cream.
Photo By Fotolia/dusk
Makes 1 1/8 cups
Here’s a sweetly scented skin cream that even children will use.
• 1 ounce vitamin E oil
• 4 ounces sweet almond oil
• 1 ounce beeswax
• 1 ounce jojoba oil
• 1 ounce coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon oil of calendula
• 1/8 teaspoon oil of chamomile
• 1/8 teaspoon oil of rose geranium
1. Combine the vitamin E and sweet almond oils in a nonreactive saucepan. Heat over low heat (do not boil). Gradually add the beeswax, stirring constantly. Add the jojoba oil, a little at a time, and stir until well blended. Slowly stir in the coconut oil.
2. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the calendula, chamomile, and rose geranium oils, stirring the mixture until it is smooth.
3. When the mixture has cooled, pour it into colored glass jars and seal them tightly. Keep refrigerated.
Jelaine Foreman, Essential Creations, Inc., Rayne, Louisiana
Click here for the main article,
DIY: Make Homemade Hand Cream