Massage some of this rich cream into your feet before going to bed each night to avoid cracked, dry heels.
Photo by Karuka
If you suffer from cracked feet or heels, massage some of this rich cream into your feet before going to bed at night. MAKES 4 OUNCES
Summer Foot Cream Recipe
• 1/2 cup light sesame or almond oil
• 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
• 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
• 1/4 cup distilled water
• 3 to 4 drops lavender essential oil
1. Mix together the oils and beeswax, and heat slowly in a double boiler until the wax is completely melted, but not boiling.
2. In a separate, heat-proof container, heat water just until it starts to boil (or for 1 minute in the microwave).
3. Slowly add the hot water to the oil mixture in a thin, even stream, stirring constantly. Mix in essential oil.
4. Pour cream into a clean container and allow it to cool completely. The cream will thicken as it cools, so it may need one more final stirring before use.
5. To use: Massage into clean feet.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt, 2002) and co-author of EcoBeauty (Ten Speed Press, 2009).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: How to Take Care of Your Feet.