An essential-oil delivery system, these basic oils are also great for your skin.
Every home should have lavender essential oil. It treats small cuts, scrapes and insect bites, and is a natural antibiotic and antiseptic.
• 5 drops lavender essential oil
• 2 drops tea tree oil
• 1/4 cup light oil (jojoba, castor or sunflower)
1. Mix together essential oils and vegetable oil.
2. Pour into a clean container.
3. To use: Clean the area with warm water and rinse well. Put a small amount of oil onto a clean cotton pad and place over the wound. Change twice a day. Expose to air at night.
Janice Cox is the co-author, with her daughter Lauren Cox, of EcoBeauty (Ten Speed Press, 2009). To buy, visit www.herbcompanion.com/shopping.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Carrier Oils 101.