Make the perfect scrambled eggs with these instructions.
Photo By Jules, TheStoneSoup.com/Flickr
Leon: Family & Friends (Conran Octopus, 2013) by Kay Plunkett-Hogge and John Vincent contains more than 200 inspiring recipes and is divided into three sections: Today, Tomorrow and Yesterday. Today recipes make it easier for you to feed your family and friends good food today. Tomorrow recipes are for special events that need more planning. And yesterday recipes celebrate the culinary memories of the past that have shaped the LEON family today. Learn how to make perfect scrambled eggs in this excerpt from chapter 1, “Breakfast & Brunch.”
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Leon: Family & Friends.
Perfect Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 Minutes
Low glycemic load, wheat free, gluten free, vegetarian
In the short story 007 in New York, Ian Fleming gives one of the definitive recipes for scrambled eggs with cream and finely chopped fines herbes. But let’s save the full Bond for the weekend: for an everyday breakfast, we won’t be quite so indulgent.
• 5 medium eggs
• a dash of milk
• a good pinch of chopped fresh parsley, or basil, or coriander, or thyme (optional)
• 1 tablespoon butter
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk, salt and pepper (and the pinch of chopped herbs, if you’re using them), and beat them all together with a fork.
2. In a heavy-based pan, melt the butter over a medium heat until it starts to foam. Pour in the eggs, and start stirring at once with a fork or a wooden spoon. Keep stirring constantly as the eggs start to come together.
3. The question now is: how runny do you like them? As the eggs begin to come together, start turning down the heat—they’ll keep cooking in the residual heat. Keep stirring until you’ve got them just how you like them, and serve out on to plates at once. Bear in mind, the eggs at the bottom of the pan will be firmer than the eggs you serve first—just in case some people prefer them one way or the other.
4. Garnish with an extra grind of black pepper and tuck in. Perfect Scrambled Eggs serves 2.
More Egg Recipes
• Perfect Poached Eggs recipe
“Perfect Scrambled Eggs Recipe” has been reprinted with permission from Leon: Family & Friends by Kay Plunkett-Hogge and John Vincent and published by Conran Octopus, a division of Octopus Publishing, 2013. Buy this book from our store: Leon: Family & Friends.