Sea salt scrubs get your body soft and smooth. They have been used for centuries to clean and deodorize the skin. This also makes a nice gift for a friend who can use a bit of extra pampering.
• 2 cups coarse kosher or sea salt
• 1 cup light oil such as almond, sesame or sunflower oil
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1. Stir together ingredients and pour into a clean container.
2. To use: Stand in the shower or tub, take a handful of the paste, and massage into your skin, starting with your feet. Massage the paste all over your body. Rinse well with warm water. Don’t use soap or you will remove the oil and its moisturizing benefits.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home(Henry Holt and Company, 2002).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Skin-Soothing Herbal Scrubs.