Makes about 2 dozen biscuits
Baking all-natural dog biscuits is easy, and children will enjoy helping. Cut these biscuits into the traditional dog bone shape, or experiment with other shapes, such as stars and hearts.
- 1¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1¼ cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together, then pour in oil and water.
2. Mix well until dough is firm. Roll dough out on a floured board and cut into shapes.
3. Grease a cookie sheet. Use a spatula to carefully transfer biscuits to cookie sheet. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
4. Cool. Store leftovers in an airtight container in a cool place.
Peanut Butter Treats: Add ¼ cup peanut butter.
Cheese and Herb: Add 1¼ cups grated cheese and 1 teaspoon rosemary or thyme.
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Pet Treats.