Makes 18 muffins
These lemon glazed poppy seed muffins are quick and easy to make for breakfast, lunch or snacks.
• 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons reserved lemon zest
Poppy Seed Muffins
• Zest of 3 large lemons, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons water
• 5 tablespoons butter
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
cup poppy seeds
• 2 eggs
cup lemon yogurt
cup Lemon Glaze (see above)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Butter muffin pans.
2. Combine the zest (reserving 2 teaspoons), 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves. Add the butter and continue cooking until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds, and the remaining sugar.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, milk and the lemon mixture until smooth. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended.
5. Fill muffin cups to within
inch of the top and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove the tins from the oven and top the muffins with Lemon Glaze. Serve warm.
Click here for the original article, Make a Poppy Seed Dessert.