Dill’s affinity for beans is obvious in this simple side dish.
• 1 pound young green beans
• 2 tablespoons minced Kalamata or Moroccan oil-cured olives
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill weed
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
1. Rinse and trim the beans. Plunge into a pot of boiling water and cook 3 minutes, or until barely tender. Drain immediately and toss with the remaining ingredients.
2. Serve warm or cold.
Cornelia Carlson grows herbs in Valley Center, California, and is the author of The Practically Meatless Gourmet (Berkley Books, 1996).
Click here for the main article,
Casual, Carefree Dill