This delicious Garlicky Green Goddess Vinaigrette recipe also tastes great alongside sliced carrots and celery.
Photo by Fotolia
This garlicky take on the classic dressing is perfect over crisp romaine and is best prepared at least a day in advance. Feel free to experiment with a variety of fresh herbs. For more salad dressing recipes, read the article Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes.
• Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
• 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled
• 1 medium shallot, peeled
• 2 to 4 anchovies
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons each fresh parsley, tarragon, cilantro, basil
• 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup cream
• Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Purée all ingredients except oil, cream, salt and pepper. After ingredients are mixed, slowly add oil in a stream while processing.
2. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in cream. Season with salt and pepper. Makes about 2 cups.