Makes 1 to 2 applications
The oats in this cleanser will help loosen dead skin cells.
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh, chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried chamomile
- ¼ cup hot water
- Combine all of the ingredients. Let the oats absorb the water and then mash the mixture to a paste with a spoon.
- Wet your face with tepid water and apply the mixture. (If the paste is too thick to spread easily, add more water.)
- You may remove the cleanser immediately with a washcloth dampened with warm water or let it dry for 10 minutes as a deep-cleaning mask; when you are ready to remove it, moisten the mask with a wet washcloth and then gently wipe it off.
Adapted from The Skin Care Book: Simple Herbal Recipes by Kathlyn Quatrochi (Loveland, Colorado: Interweave Press, 1997). Kathlyn is a naturopathic doctor who lives in California, where she teaches herbal skin care, maintains a skin treatment practice, and makes Bio Balance Skin Care Products.
Click here for more recipes from the original article, Skin Deep.