This recipe for poppy seed vinaigrette complements any soft fruit salad.
Serves 6 to 8
Poppy seed vinaigrette also complements other soft fruits, such as bananas, melons, pears and oranges.
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 3 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
cup white wine vinegar
cup olive oil
• 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
• 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, and cubed
• 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
• 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and slivered
• 1 starfruit, peeled and sliced
1. Process all the ingredients except the fruit in a food processer or blender until well blended. Store, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2. Arrange the fruit on small plates and drizzle poppy seed vinaigrette on top.
Click here for the original article, Make a Poppy Seed Dessert.