Try our beauty recipes for a harvest of complexion-boosting products.
Makes 8 ounces
This splash has a cool scent that will lift your spirits and tone your skin. Cucumber juice is a natural astringent that also is cleansing and refreshing. It can be used all over your body and works wonders to soothe a sunburn.
• 1 medium cucumber, chopped
• 1⁄4 cup witch hazel extract
• 1⁄4 cup distilled water
• 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
1. In a blender, process cucumber into a smooth puree and strain.
2. Mix cucumber juice with remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour into clean spray bottle.
3. To use: Spray onto clean skin after bathing or whenever your skin could use a boost. It can spoil easily, so store in refrigerator between uses.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Henry Holt and Company, 1999). She recently co-authored a book with her daughter, Lauren Cox, called EcoBeauty—Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, and Bath Bombs for You and Your Friends (Ten Speed Press, 2009). Look for it in bookstores this fall.
Click here for the original article,
Body & Soul: Grow a Complexion Garden