Chocolate cherry scones and a homemade box make an eco-friendly and healthy gift.
Photo By Ken Hoyt
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, consider these fun, out-of-the-candy-box ideas for unique gifts for your loved ones.
1. Try vintage. You can find great costume jewelry at thrift stores and antique malls. It doesn’t take much to personalize a vintage piece for a loved one. Many jewelry stores will engrave a personal message for a small fee.
2. Handmade jewelry. Etsy offers tons of fun, unique handmade items—most of it reusing pieces from old jewelry.
• These “love bird” earrings were made from antique brass.
• This “Love is Blind” necklace was made from a vintage glass pendant and a brass sparrow charm.
• Looking for a child’s valentine? How about this sweet “I love you to the moon” handstamped bracelet?
3. Create your own! Nothing says love like something handmade or homemade. We featured this Valentine’s Day gift—cherry chocolate scones in a handmade box—last year in Natural Home. You can make any sweet treat and package it in a decorated box. Otherwise, think about handmade cards, which are fun to make and to receive. If you’re looking for fun, kid-oriented (some are also great for adults!) craft ideas, try KinderArt’s Valentines crafts.