For a sweet homemade gift, whip up a quick batch of this easy beeswax-based balm.
Photo By Angie Cao
For a sweet homemade gift, whip up a quick batch of this easy beeswax-based balm from EcoBeauty (Ten Speed Press, 2009) by Lauren Cox and Janice Cox.
Very Vanilla Lip Gloss Recipe
• 1 teaspoon grated beeswax
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• 1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil
• 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla-flavored oil
1. Put beeswax, coconut oil and vitamin E oil in a small microwave-safe container and microwave on low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until beeswax has melted. To make on the stovetop, put first three ingredients in a glass measuring cup and place it in a pan with a few inches of water. Bring water to a simmer until ingredients melt. (Or use a double boiler to make multiple batches at once.)
2. Add vanilla extract and stir until well mixed. Pour mixture into a small, clean container and let it cool completely.
3. To use: Spread gloss onto your lips and enjoy!
Recipe reprinted from EcoBeauty: Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, and Bath Bombs for You and Your Friends (Ten Speed Press, 2009) by Lauren Cox and Janice Cox.