Welcome the spring season with this Lemony Leek and Cauliflower Soup recipe.
Photo By Fotolia/derkien
Feel Good Food (Hardie Grant Books, 2013) is an inspiring and heartfelt cookbook for anyone who loves real food. This simple introduction to cooking with whole foods shows you how to use a range of alternative ingredients, as well as fresh produce, to create healthy, delicious and balanced meals. This Lemony Leek and Cauliflower Soup recipe comes from the section “Soups.” For more recipes, see the original article, 4 Healthy Soup Recipes: From Miso to Wheat Berry.
Lemony Leek and Cauliflower Soup Recipe
This is a heartwarming, creamy soup with a satisfying lemon tang—what a great way to welcome spring.
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• Sea salt
• 2 leeks, white part only, sliced lengthwise, rinsed and finely sliced
• 10 1/2 ounces cauliflower florets
• 4 cups vegetable stock or water
• 5 1/2 ounces silken tofu
• 2 tablespoons sweet white miso
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic with a pinch of sea salt for 3 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the leek, cauliflower and 1 tablespoon water and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Top with the stock or water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tofu.
5. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender in batches and process until smooth and silky, then return to the pan. Alternatively, process the soup using a hand-held blender.
6. Put the miso in a bowl, pour in some broth and mix until the miso dissolves.
7. Add the diluted miso to the soup, put the pan back over medium heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Just before serving, stir through the lemon juice and dill. Serves 4.
This excerpt has been reprinted with permission from Feel Good Food: Wholefood Recipes for Happy, Healthy Living by Tony Chiodo and published by Hardie Grant Books, 2013.