New moms and dads benefit from beauty treatments that nurture and soothe.
This lightly scented, spicy oil makes a wonderful gift for your partner. A massage using this oil is a nice way to reconnect with each other. Your new baby is a joy to have and be around, but remember to also make time for each other. A relaxing massage is a great way to start! MAKES 4 OUNCES
• 1/2 cup light oil (canola, almond or sesame)
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Mix together all ingredients and pour into a clean container. You may need to shake the oil gently to blend before using.
2. To use, massage a small amount into skin. This oil also makes a nice bath oil or after-bath moisturizer.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt, 2002), available on our Bookshelf, Page 58. For more information and recipes visit her at
Click here for the main article,
Body & Soul: Beauty Treatments for Pregnant Women