Serve these muffins warm from the oven or prepare them 1 to 2 days ahead. MAKES 12 MUFFINS
•1 2/3 cup flour
•1 cup sugar
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon cinnamon
•1 teaspoon ginger
•1 teaspoon nutmeg
•1 teaspoon allspice
•1 cup pumpkin
•1/2 cup butter
•1/2 cup sliced almonds
•1 cup chocolate chips
1. Begin by greasing a muffin pan or by placing paper muffin cups in the pan.
2. Brown the almonds in a 350 degrees oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool.
3. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, salt, and spices in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the pumpkin and butter.
5. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring constantly until thoroughly mixed.
6. Mix the almonds and chocolate chips into the batter.
7. Fill muffin cups three-quarters full.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
9. Remove from the pan and serve warm or wait until cooled.
Click here for the main article, Pumpkins and Spice.