Spanish Eggs with Potatoes and Oregano
Tortilla de Patata is sometimes served in a hollowed-out loaf of round, country-style bread that is cut into wedges and topped with slices of cheese.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (1 small)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves, or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
Click here for the original article, Potatoes and their Herbal Partners.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onions in the oil for 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium, add the potatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper, and cook, partly covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir often while cooking.
- Beat the eggs until frothy. Return the heat to medium-high and add the eggs (if necessary to keep them from sticking, add more oil before adding the eggs). Cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs are firm.