BuildingGreen, publisher of the GreenSpec product directory and Environmental Building News, recently named the 10 most exciting products added to its directory during the past year.
1) Aquia Dual-Flush Toilet: This residential toilet offers two flush options: standard for solid wastes and lower volume for liquid wastes. It can save a family of four 7,000 gallons of water per year.
2) BioNet Erosion-Control Mats: Completely biodegradable BioNet mats by North American Green have a straw and/or coconut-fiber core inside jute netting.
3) Enbryten LED Luminaires: This line of pendant, downlight and sconce luminaires uses high- efficiency, white LEDs (light-emitting diodes).
4) Ice Bear Thermal Energy Storage System: For air-conditioning, this electricity-saving condensing unit freezes and stores tanks of water at night (when electrical-grid demand is low) for cooling use during peak daytime hours.
5) Nybacker Tile Backer-Board: Nybacker is a strong, flexible, tile backer made of recycled carpet.
6) PureBond Hardwood Plywood and Agrifiber-Core Panels: Particleboard panels use a nontoxic, formaldehyde-free, soy-based binder.
7) Stonescape Polymer Composition Tile: PVC-free flooring tile, made from limestone and ethylene acrylic polymers, is free of VOCs.
8) Terratex Biobased Textiles: The Terratex family of commercial fabrics is made from polylactic acid (PLA), produced from corn and other agricultural fibers.
9) RecoupAerator 200DX Energy-Recovery Ventilator: This whole-house air filter/ventilator circulates fresh air and captures pollens and mold spores. Its dehumidistat thwarts mold growth.
10) Uppercut Dual-Flush Flushometer Valve: This water-saving retrofit enables commercial toilets to operate with a standard flush for solid wastes and a lower-volume flush for liquid wastes and paper.
For more information or to purchase the GreenSpec Directory (Sixth Edition).