Makes 1 ounce
Cocoa butter is a popular ingredient in creams and lotions because of its smooth texture, chocolaty fragrance and rich emollient properties. Many women use pure cocoa butter to rid their skin of stretch marks and scars. Combined with coconut oil, it is perfect for conditioning your cuticles. Massaging this cream into your cuticles daily will help boost circulation and promote healthy nail growth.
• 1 teaspoon cocoa butter, grated
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Gently heat cocoa butter and coconut oil in a small pot until melted.
2. Stir well and pour into a clean dish or container. Allow to cool completely.
3. Massage a small amount into your cuticles.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home, Natural Beauty for All Seasons and Natural Beauty from the Garden, all published by Henry Holt and Company (New York). For more recipes and ideas, visit her at www.HerbCompanion.com/Contributors
For more cocoa-based recipes from Body & Soul: Chocolate Spa Treatments, click here.