Try this recipe for tasty harvest vegetables wrapped in individual packets.
Photography By Povy Kendal Atchison
Harvest Vegetables en Papillote
Individual packets of steamed vegetables infused with butter and herbs are a breeze to serve. Prepare them the night before and pop them in the oven at the last minute.
1 head whole garlic cloves, peeled
1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
4 12-inch squares parchment paper
1 red onion, cut into 1⁄3-inch slices
1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1⁄3-inch slices
12 sun-dried tomatoes, halved
1/4 pound broccoli, cut into florets
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine garlic and oil in a small saucepan and warm over medium heat until garlic is golden brown. Stir in thyme and rosemary, remove from heat and set aside.
3. Cut parchment paper into four 12-inch-diameter circles. Fold circle in half to make a crease and re-open.
4. Among the four papers, evenly distribute onions, mushrooms, squash, tomatoes, broccoli and 4 of the roasted garlic cloves. Lay vegetables on one side of crease. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of herbed olive oil on each (reserve remaining oil for another use). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Fold paper along crease, forming a half circle. Bend edges in toward the center to close packet.
6. Place packets on a sheet pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Either cut an X into each packet’s top and serve in the paper or unroll one end and scoop the contents onto the dinner plate.