Makes 4 servings
Turmeric adds a pleasing note to onions, which are ultra-nutritious in their own right.
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 teaspoon thyme teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread onions evenly in a 9-inch-square baking dish. Sprinkle thyme and salt over onions, then drizzle with oil and vinegar. Cover dish with foil and bake until tender, about 50 minutes.
- Remove onions from oven. Carefully spoon juices from bottom of pan into a small bowl and add turmeric. Mix well. Drizzle juice over onions. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Click here for the original article,
Spotlight on Turmeric