Makes 4 to 6 servings
Turmeric is a natural flavor mate to any dried or fresh bean. This is a particularly good recipe to use with fresh, tender beans.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- Simmer beans with a few tablespoons water until just tender (4 to 10 minutes). Drain and return to pan.
- Drizzle remaining ingredients over beans in the order listed. Toss together and serve hot or warm.
Click here for the original article,
Spotlight on Turmeric