Mushy love card? Check.
The list goes on and on as you prepare for Valentine’s Day, otherwise known as Single’s Awareness Day. Try something a little different this year. A homemade herbal candle will create the perfect mood, whether it is for your significant other or for preparation for the perfect bubble bath.
Make everyday Valentine's day with homemade herb-infused candles.
Photo by bitzcelt/ Courtesy Flickr
Here are the materials you'll need to make Romantic Herb-Infused Candles:
• Candle wax
• Stearic acid (optional)
• Nonstick cooking spray
• Crayons or wax color buds
• Essential oils or candle scent (optional)
• Wicking of a size appropriate to your molds
• Candy thermometer
• Electric deep fryer or slow cooker or a double boiler (coffee can for wax, set into a larger pan of water)
• Ice pick or knitting needle
Click here for the detailed instructions.
But before you start making the candle it’s important to know how to create a full lovely scent. Follow these steps to produce a strong, desirable scent because it’s all about the scent.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your herbal candles with various molds, colors and scents. What are your favorite candle scents? Where do you use candles in your life?