Makes 1 treatment
This protective mask will soften your skin without clogging the pores. It’s perfect for dry or aging skin. Use any leftovers on your hands and elbows. Use this mask no more than once a week.
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried calendula petals
- ½ teaspoon dried lavender
- ¼ teaspoon sunflower oil
- Put all the ingredients in a food chopper. Process 10 seconds. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Process again until stiff peaks form (this takes a few minutes). Apply the mask to a clean face and leave it on 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water. Follow with a toner and moisturizer.
Kathlyn Quatrochi has a doctorate in naturopathy. She and her husband own St. Anley Inn, a bed-and-breakfast surrounded by herb gardens in Oak Glen, California. Kathlyn teaches herbal skin care, maintains a skin treatment practice, and makes Beauty Garden Skin Care Products.
Click here for the original article, Saving Face.