This slightly acidic bath helps rinse away soap residue on your skin and reinstates your own natural acid balance. For women, it is also a good way to counteract yeast infections because the acidic environment will kill harmful bacteria. The combination of herbs gives your bath an uplifting scent that helps reduce stress.
• 1 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup water
• 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
• 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (or 1 teaspoon dried)
• 1 tablespoon fresh mint (or 1 teaspoon dried)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1. Mix together all ingredients in a small saucepan or microwave container and heat gently until just boiling. Let the mixture cool completely and then strain off all solids.
2. To use: Pour the entire mixture into a warm bath and soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Holt Paperbacks, 2002). For more recipes and ideas or to contact Janice, visit her website at www.janicecox.com
Click here for the main article,
Body & Soul: Herbal Vinegar for Skin and Hair