Makes 3 treatments
Mint, sage and rosemary increase circulation and help kill the bacteria that cause acne. Use this formula no more than three times a week; use a regular toner on other days.
- ½ teaspoon dried peppermint or spearmint
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 tablespoons hot distilled water
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, cover and let stand overnight.
- Apply the liquid to a clean face and leave it on for 1 minute. Blot with a damp, cool washcloth.
- Follow with a moisturizer. Leftovers may be kept in the refrigerator for as long as 1 week.
Kathlyn Quatrochi has a doctorate in naturopathy. She and her husband own St. Anley Inn, a bed-and-breakfast surrounded by herb gardens in Oak Glen, California. Kathlyn teaches herbal skin care, maintains a skin treatment practice, and makes Beauty Garden Skin Care Products.
Click here for the original article, Saving Face.