Parsley, long esteemed as a mouth freshener, also makes a wonderful, soothing skin toner, suitable for all complexion types. Menthol in the mint leaves helps tighten pores. This toner will whisk away surface dirt and oils, leaving your skin glowing.
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
• 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1/2 cup witch hazel extract
1. Place the parsley and mint leaves in a glass or ceramic bowl. Pour the boiling water over the leaves and let the mixture stand for 20 minutes, or until cool.
2. Strain the mixture and discard the solids. Combine the parsley-mint solution with the witch hazel and pour into a clean bottle with a tight-fitting lid or stopper.
3. Spritz it on your skin or dab it on with a cotton ball or pad. MAKES 1 CUP
Janice Cox is author of Natural Beauty at Home and Natural Beauty for All Seasons, both published by Henry Holt. Her books contain more than 400 recipes for body, bath, and hair care products, some of them passed down through three generations of her family. She lives in Medford, Oregon.
Click here for more beauty recipes from the original article, Summer Beauty.