Rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus, marjoram and ginger stimulate circulation and ease sore and stiff muscles. Read the main article Uplifting and Relaxing Baths.
• 1 cup Epsom salts
• 1 cup baking soda
• 15 drops rosemary essential oil
• 15 drops lavender essential oil
• 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
• 10 drops marjoram essential oil
• 10 drops ginger essential oil
Combine Epsom salts and baking soda. Add essential oils, mix well and store in a nonporous covered container. To use, fill the bathtub with warm water and add 4 tablespoons of bath salts after the tub has filled. Mix the salts into the water to dissolve.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).