Makes 2 ounces
Kelp is a large leafy, brown algae that grows along cold-climate coastlines. It can bring a healthy glow to your complexion when used as a facial mask and makes a mineral-rich body scrub when mixed with equal parts sea salt.
- 1 tablespoon dried kelp powder
- 1 tablespoon white kaolin clay
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt or sour cream
- In a small bowl, mix ingredients to create a smooth paste. If mixture is too thick, add 1 to 2 teaspoons water.
- To use, spread onto clean skin and wait 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Follow with your favorite facial moisturizer or natural oil.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home and Natural Beauty from the Garden (Henry Holt & Company, New York). For more recipes and ideas, visit her website at www.JaniceCox.com.
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Natural Sea Beauty .