Makes 2 ounces
After a day outdoors, treat yourself to a bit of extra pampering. This facial cleansing mask with fresh fennel will leave your complexion incredibly soft and smooth.
- 1 tablespoon fresh fennel leaves, finely chopped OR 2 teaspoons dried fennel leaves
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Place fennel in a glass or ceramic bowl, then pour boiling water over the leaves.
- Allow liquid to cool completely, then strain out leaves. Mix together fennel water, honey and yogurt.
- To use, brush or massage the mixture into damp skin. Wait 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water, followed by a final cool rinse. Blot skin dry.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Henry Holt and Company, 1999).
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Garden Beauty Recipes.